Ever since I started working in the corporate world, I am floored by the tall buildings, city lights, sky lines, the beauty of it all even when it rains in the city it feels like a poem that needs to be felt and kept in core memory. That feeling resonated with me until now, Im fascinated with infrastructure (no pun intended since i work as infra engineer in IT firms). My father was an arhitect, when I was applying for college I planned to thread the same path but as we know the universe has its way of redirecting us in unimaginable ways. My father use to bring home in his atache case from work and it are architrecture digest magazines which I totally love to browse, I also have memories of his art works way back his college days though everyhting got destroyed in flood. I remember in college I used to spend my breaks in library in between subjects, and directly go to architecture floor where most of students on that floor are CFAD and Archi - although I also  have drawing 101 in Industrial Engineering - but its unusual to find other courses hanging around that floor except if they are like me who enjoys browsing on architecture digest. So I have that kind of facination when it comes to building infrastructure.


When I visited other countries like Malaysia - the Twin Towers - Petronas Tower so massive and mightily standing tall illuminated with white lights that seems endless in dark skies. Like an Alien spaceship in front of me. Also in Denmark, where the infra are kind of old maybe in the 80s or 70s but very well thought and made, it's like living in an art work. Also in HK they have super duper tall buildings as housing. The tall buddha sitting in the mountains, the slanting village in Peak Tram, the sky scrapers in HSBC, The peak where we can view the HK city , a-nd the harboir where we can see all the city line! In Singapore the merlion and the SG skyline with towering building around us - so amazing.


So with all these Im just not quite sure how to feel about 9/11 - NYC Twin Towers. As I look back I was maybe college hunting in 2001, just graduated form HS and about to enter college. We have CPs but just Nokia so If we didnt go online in computers we wouldnt know what really went down that time.

I was aware, becase of the news but after 25 yrs - today I was made aware of most of it. Infact this is still a active crime scene investigations, still finding lost and unidentified people.

I just learned that there are 4 hijacked US airplanes 1of which did not made it to the target because the passengers fight back ultimately ending their lives but saved a lot of people.

In the case of twin towers, WTC1 or North was hit first approx 92-98 floors sealing the fate of the floors above the point of impact. Their stairwells are cut as well as the elevators no way out but up - but unfortunately even if the helicopters attempted, the ground is filled with black smoke and too hot and dangerous. No one survived on 99 above. The people hanging outside the open window, just ended burning, jumping or being burried alive when the tower collapse after an hour long standing.


The jumpers - would like to tacle more on this on my next writing, this is so sad. I had a chance to see most of them on tiktok and boy imagine the horror and trauma ti caused the people who are watching them live like multipke suicide at a time. Cant imagine how these jumpers made decisions tht jumping is better than burned alive. most of them ended up in the ground,  smashed like pumpkins unrecognizable like their bodies vaporaized as it hits the ground from 90 plus floors.

So there was a clip in tiktok one commenter is like a sleuth who found this photo dump https://public.fotki.com/kostic/world_trade_center/windows_on_the_world-4/

This was from a maintenance maybe a carpenter in the WTC1 who took detailed pictures at night during his shift when no one is around, technically the floors are empty - this is specifically in Windows of the World - the restaurant sitting atop the building:


Windows of the World:



Office, notice the distinct window:




Comments

Popular Posts