Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mama's 55th Birthday

Yesterday, actually last night we celebrated mama's birthday at home. Why? Because she don't want to go out and ease the stress,"nkakapagod daw" (very tiring)... So then Gary and I just planned to bring home the handa (prepared food). It was fun really but needed lots of effort. Last Monday I think, or Tuesday Gorio and I just reserved this beautiful and sumptuous velvet cake at Mary Grace located at RCBC plaza, just couple of steps from our office actually it's within the same building... Just yesterday, that was Friday, we claim the cake with these little message to ma:
Right when she spotted the 55th she suggested we shouldn't have that age included... What do we expect. Again as Faye was saying, age is just a number :) haha! Anyway mama was thankful she didn't have to go out and all. She's aware that we had to run to MRT, go round trip just to get one of us sitting for the cake to still be perfectly delivered, plus the waiting time for food (delicious Chinese food by Super Bowl), plus the yellow bells, I mean yellow flowers to top it all. It was as an ease, yes for them not us hehe. But in total it was fun. Im just happy mama is happy too. Oh by the way I had this posted on my wall in FB:

"I remembered mama's face when I was 5, she's full of youth and very vibrant. She just laughed with everybody else in the room.. She looked at me and smiled... That day I prayed she live longer than me.. 
After 21 years I wonder what brought her to these fine lines on forehead and bony hands.. Then I realized, that's the perfect hand I used to hold when I was little, the same cheeks I kiss every morning and eyes that smile for comfort and assurance that everything will be alright... Thank you ma for all these years. You're simply the most beautiful woman in the world :) Maligayang kaarawan maa!.. Mahal ka namin, sobra ♥ ♥ ♥"
Many liked it, as much as I do.. I cried like loca in the office. It's awesome though some people have that kind of feeling too, same as everybody else :) I print a screenshot of this because mama has no FB account, so after she read it she handed it to Gary and she was asking him to read the words written, just to make sure Gary read it she waited until he finished hahahaha.. Mama thanks that's the way of saying that you're proud of me ehem ahem!! Love you ma! Let's spend another birthday in years and years and more more years to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment