Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Am I Old or just Wiser?

We can be who we want to be, go wherever we want. We just CAN, but WONT.

It's not always we are chasing our dreams, sometimes we simply not in the mood dealing with a lot of things in life. And so who doesn't love a down time, right?

As we age, we sometimes feel content and fulfilled already. We leave all harsh activities to younger generation because we have our own agenda. We just want to sit down relax, have our favorite coffee and read our favorite book on lovely day. Simple as that. 

It's not like we stop exploring this wonderful world, it's just that we have different perspective now , different way of looking at things around us. It's more of growing plants in the backyard than going on a hike.  The energy to "do-it-all" is slowly fading away. 

There is an urge to catch up on things we haven't had time , energy and money to splurge in beginning of time. I noticed I'm being careful on buying things like it has to make sense or else I'm not going to waste my money on it. But sometimes things are not that much important as it may seem to others but for us it's one hell of a break, like rekindled hobby. I suppose we go against mainstream cause we are sick and tired of being seen and we just want a quiet life.

This time it is an opportunity for long hours sleep. I personally see this as a luxury that not all have. I actually enjoy time in my bed, reason why I pump up the bedding game.

Long walk is a must. Where I stay. I only have the garage and malls to stroll. There is much appreciation in strolling outside with beautiful scenery. Just inhaling fresh air makes me feel thankful to be alive and healthy.

I rarely go out. I go out to get some groceries or meet friends or Sunday Mass with family and that's it.

I enjoy cooking meals rather than going out to grab a bite. I enjoy writing my cookbook.

I found love in repainting dolls, and making dioramas. My photos no longer focus on self portrait or shall I say selfies but they are now more on photographs of scenes and dolls. I like to capture special moments, unfiltered.

So the question is, am I getting old or just wiser?

Well, since I save a lot of money and energy doing nonsense I bet Im wiser. Age is just a number!

-Fran

No comments:

Post a Comment