Saturday, March 27, 2021

36

 Twas my birthday, a couple of hours ago.


My little family had a simple celebration. One I was not expecting, thank you to my husband who subtly surprise me with macaroni pasta, choco cake and barbeque.


Well, I guess this is what pandemic has taught many of us. To be humble, to live in the moment, to appreciate the beauty of simple life and to not expect more than a healthy family. 


I thank God, for blessings I dont deserve. I may not have the luxury of billionaires but I have what I needed most, my baby and husband, mom and dad, sisters and cousins, friends and colleagues that are healthy. I have a home to protect us, food to nourish us, electricity to entertain us especially in times like these, water for bathing and even for quick dip in pool with my baby , a job that pays well - that's all essentials that I needed. That's all, nothing more , nothing less.


Before pandemic, I have plans for me and my baby and her dad. We are so eager to earn more, live more in terms of travel and more things to acquire, new home, a car and so much things in our heads.

But all went down the drain when pandemic hits, it's like the world stops all of a sudden. Halting dreams and aspiration. Who knows when we can go back to were we once were, or if things will ever be as good as before again. I realized, the little things we took for granted, like going out with friends without face shields/ masks, watching movies with mom and sis, strolling alone in a mall just buying time.

Today, in this very moment we are stuck inside our home to prevent acquiring covid. I never imagined we can be captives for more than a year, lucky me I got my baby to keep me busy. But what about others? I myself is bored to death to be honest, I hope atleast I can bring my little one in a coffee shop or someplace to eat, but it's not possible. How we turn our world into a total mess? People selfish and greedy, that's why this happen to us.


Well, again atleast I got chu baby <3

Happy 36!

xo,

Fran

No comments:

Post a Comment