Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What It Means to Us

It's been three weeks now here in Vestas and It's good to know that the work is consistently non stressful. I have joined the first ever Christmas party, held at Intercontinental Hotel. It was fun even though I was not lucky in winning raffle. We had 1940's Victorian theme :)

After a week, all 150 of us gathered at the pantry for a coffee table meeting. Yes we meet at the pantry, the 32nd floor is still in renovation. Any way, we were all gather to have a brief introduction to our new policy in travel. 64% of our salary will go to the government as "tax" when we exceed 30 days stay in Denmark. How is that. The good thing about it is that HR is going to have agreement with Dk government of some sort to avoid this. Lucky are those who went ahead of this, Vestas shouldered all of their taxes. Complaining will come next after my onshore experience, how could I react if I haven't been into Dk at all? I hope they settle it as early as now. After that, we all received Sony walkman gadget. 16gig, about 10k each.. plus we get christmas packages. :) It's nice to know how generous the company is for the benefit of employees. It's nice to know that the management is supportive.

I wasn't aware at first that we can have this kind of set up and environment in a company. I got a good office, a non-stressful work, a well planned schedule, good Microsoft Training, Onshore experience, plenty of perks...

Thank You :)

No comments:

Post a Comment