Friday, July 8, 2011

Best Trip to Denmark: The Airline Experience

I have never been outside Asia and I am dreaming of European Tour. I love to travel, to visit countries and experience their culture.
Then I moved in to Vestas, all I knew was new work place, new colleagues, new salary  and new environment. I could not believe my eyes when I had my first Schengen Visa. I went to Denmark this year. Could be the most exciting year of my life so far :)


I want to share my experience about my trip to...


The PAL 

It was quite a busy weekend in Philippine Airlines - most would probably pick the weekend to schedule a flight.
I had gone to a long line for immigration, boarding pass and checked-in luggage. It was a tiny room where everyone falls in line like "isaw" (Filipino street food of chicken esophagus on stick). We accept no special treatment to those foreigners, I saw group of Japanese baffling while falling in line - even though I don't understand what they talked about I figured out it has something to do with the queue on how PAL facilitate the line. I guess they're complaining and at the same time laughing about the system. I cannot comment on that aside from my mind is fixed with my trip, I am just assuming. But it seemed we are on the same boat - we're pissed off on system we're in. 


After like two hours of falling in line, we finally reached the boarding area, were we can sit for awhile. It was nearly afternoon when the plane arrived. It was so fun leaving PAL atlast! But of course leaving PH behind for 3 weeks is much more fun...


KLM Airline


We are now on board! I was surprised it was KLM, I only see that when I watch Cine Europa at the Shang.
I took the economy, back part of the plane. But it was as amazing as I could ever remembered. I didn't even care if I sat away from the window, which is my favorite spot! First, they had this cute monitor infront where I browsed and watched different latest movies like Gnomio & Juliet, The Preist, classic movies by Jack Nicholson. All of those I enjoyed a lot. It was spacious, there are three columns left, right and the middle seats. We occupied the left part, and I'm in the middle of two guys.
The food was great, I had a fish for a meal with tomato sauce and potato as sidings. They had this dessert, a yogurt that is so sour, when I tasted it from GJ's, I decided not to open mine and just bring it in Denmark. We had merienda, bread and butter and my choice of drink. I tried tomato juice and that's the first and last. It was like I'm drinking cold tomato sauce! My favorite is orange juice, like it went straight from freshly squeezed orange. I slept a little, maybe because I'm too excited.
In the middle there are foreigners with a child. They normally place those with children near the porch or the middle of the plane, where there is this pull-down wall for changing diapers maybe. For all the meals, I took the spoon and fork. I'm guessing there is no utensils in the apartment. Besides the plastic spoon and forks are quite hard, like it's substantial for use over and over again. I also tried to keep the plastic cups, yep I'm particular to that so much for appreciation sucker, I appreciate using those stuffs and would like to reuse them again to remember atleast how it felt being there sometime ago. So I kept the knife, spoon, fork, yogurt and the paper puke bag aheee! There are all labeled KLM, and I love those!
My bag was a lion skin inspired tote where GJ has brought me before the flight, I placed it under my chair. Why they don't allow bags in lap - not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment