Sunday, December 4, 2011

Billund

When we got there around 11pm, the airport is deserted as if it just waited for us to close. They had this lego world hanging in the ceiling, I took a picture of it. Legoland is just around the corner, they said, we hadn't got a chance to go there though. We tried to look for money changer, but all are closed. Maybe they are not expecting people to land that time.
The huge Danish man was waiting infront of the lobby, he's waving a Vestas plate to recognize him. The driver looked like a white collar worker looked professional, he had his own headset, they are so techy! Right when we got out of the main exit, it was freezing! We would just cross the clearing to locate the van, but it felt like walking forever, I can't wait to get inside the van, it's so cold!! I wore those neat sweatshirt from f21, not that thick scarf and tights (I should have wore pants instead). After went into the car, I was relieved because it has heater! As the SUV drove along, their wide pavement caught my attention, even it's silhouetted with fog and dim lights I saw that there are no houses along the coastal road. It was barred with fence filled with light bulbs :) There are lots of arrow lit too which points to our direction. It was crisscross, unlike in other countries like Philippines, they have lots of pathways, I think it's four?! The SUV has its own GPS, which is cool.  In about 30 to 40 minutes of driving, we finally arrived to MiddleGade apartment. The place looks serene, deserted and melancholic. Everybody's sleeping I suppose. I remember the breeze, it's chilling and sweet :)


We had the room on the upper deck, 3rd floor. It was neat although when we chose our room, the bed sheets smelled like sweat haha. I had it perfumed before slumbering into sleep. I dont care if it's too cold, or the sheets smell, or my feet ached, I am here in Denmark, and I loved it.
That was my first night in Europe...

No comments:

Post a Comment