Friday, August 17, 2012

SharePoint 2010 Server Installation


August 14, 2012
Meanwhile in the office...

Installation of Sharepoint 2010 in my local machine was enticing so I stayed in the office until past 9 PM. Here are my favorite activities:
·         Install SP2010.. Whoops stop! We still have prerequisites and dependencies!
·         Need to upgrade from 2007 to 2010 MS apps – so I called helpdesk the day before for installation, so after lunch I have them all installed on my machine.. Finally moving along.
·         Windows 7 check, 64-bit check, 4GB check (why my iPad’s 16GB and it’s getting slow)
·         Run all the .msi, .msu but the rest are not in shared folder. Where to find? Dev server. Server’s down! GREAT! Laters alligaters. Moving forward..
·         Install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2. Almost. Looking into Programs, SQL2008 Management Studio is not listed! I ordered it but they said I have to install it myself. GHAAA!
·         So I ran SPServer.exe and extracted it..
·         Run prerequisites like Microsoft filterpack 2.0 (FilterPack.msi), Microsoft Syc framework, SQL server Native Client (already in SQL server 2008 R2), Windows Identity foundation (Windows6.1-KB974405-x64.msu), Chart Controls(MSChart.exe), webdeployment setup (webdeploymentsetup.msi) and the one left in server SQL Server Analysis Services (SQLSERVER2008_ASADOMD10.msi)
·         I have to download Windows Identity foundation, Chart Controls, web deployment setup on Micrsoft Site, cannot wait for the server to go up.
·         Then setup Windows Feature (On/Off). Check all activities that apply.
·         For installation, I changed the configuration of config.xml (located where the files were extracted)..
·         Then from the folder where I extracted files, I run the setup.exe then, Product key Token was asked. I have to choose from 3 choices in Appendix so I disturbed my seatmate, which one? And he doesn’t remember, we asked seatmate 2 and voila! Then after that I left them chatting.
·         This is a standalone single server installation, then I rebooted.
·         BUT WAIT! Sharepoint Products configuration Wizard was my dilemma.
·         After I rebooted, Sharepoint Products configuration Wizard cannot proceed because of my SQL server 2008 R2. So I set it up! Hhuhuhuh
·         It cannot proceed because all the features were disabled. I wonder why.
·         Ofcourse google to the rescue. It says there, those features are already installed in SQL server. So no biggies. The problem now is why it always prompts to configuration error?????
·         I googled it again, but forums did not help. They’re heading to different topic. So I decided to play with it….
·         This time, I set aside the Installation Guide.. I checked the config file and yeah, it’s ok.. I tried to run the Central Admin, but my Site is not yet created, it needs to run first the darn Wizard to create a SQL and Site. So I open SQL server wizard, complete installation and rebooted.
·         Then I re-run the Sharepoint Products configuration after like 4 attempts, VOILA! It progressed and mind you it didn’t stop on step3! HAHA! IE miraculously open my new Publishing site!
·         Then I checked there’s, SQL2008 Management studio WHOA!
·         Then I installed SharePointPlatformSDK.exe and SharePointDesigner.exe
·         Question: Why I don’t have http://name> /pages/default.aspx instead we have http:///default.aspx..

So there, experienced rummaged down fingers to keyboards, where the click clack sound's unstoppable. No time was wasted, no time for boredom, only twittered for times when it get so thrilling. Tweets were purely work related, so most followers did not understand that, i guess so, i dont care...

No comments:

Post a Comment